Monday, April 9, 2012

First blog post wooo! Now, where to start? Weaalll...I originally started this blog to document my journey back to Uganda. Seeing as I'm about to sign a lease tomorrow for a house in Harrisonburg, obviously that's not happening at the current moment ;) 

So, I thought about deleting it, almost did, then decided not to. Why? Because of the title. And let me tell you, I spent a loooong time on that bad boy. Had to be a mix between creative and catchy, right? But, I didn't delete it because encountering love is something we all do every day. The Father's love. Whether you know it/choose to accept it or not, He loves you. Like a die-for-you type of love. 

SO. Sometimes I'll talk about my mundane life, sometimes I'll talk about crafty things (because I am literally obsessed with crafty things), sometimes I'll talk about food and cooking (also obsessed) and a lot of times I'll talk about Jesus :) Sometimes it may be cheesy, it may be silly, but I promise it will be true and I will be honest! 

I will probably also end up talking about Uganda a lot- for those of you who don't know, I went to Uganda a month ago for 10 days and completely fell in love with the place. Like hands down, head over heels, in love. Ever been somewhere that you just knew you were supposed to be there? I never had that feeling before Uganda and I realized that it is home, it is where the Lord is calling me to be. I had applied to go back this summer for a year plus but realized the timing was wrong, so here I am in good ol' Harrisonburg, VA; job-hunting, loving my church community, finally finding a place with two of my best friends and I am excited for what the year ahead holds :) 

Sorry if this was exceptionally cheesy, and I tried to make it as cheese-less as possible, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Love, Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment